606期 高一 Quiz time
Women winners (P3)
Choose the best answer:
1. How many examples were listed to prove women’s achievements in sports?
A. Two. B. Three.C. Four.D. Five.
2. What do the underlined words “this idea” in Paragraph 5 refer to?
A. Women’s achievements have changed the soccer world.
B. It doesn’t matter whether men or women win.
C. Women also need female role models.
D. Women also have great athletic ability.
3. We can conclude from the article that women’s sports ______.
A. will become popular in the near future
B. have received a 2 percent increase in media coverage
C. have received more media coverage than men’s sports
D. are starting to attract more fans and viewers than ever before
4. What is the new meaning of “doing it like a girl”?
A. Doing it right and best.
D. Doing it carelessly and slowly.
B. Doing it carefully and patiently.
C. Doing it with great individual ability.
Eating Chinese ... (P4-5)
1. What did the author find surprising about Chinese food in the US? (No more than 12 words)
2. Why have smashed cucumbers become popular in New York according to Julia Goldberg? (No more than 12 words)
3. What is the difference between smashed cucumbers in Chinese and American restaurants? (No more than 6 words)
4. What is the hidden reason behind the changes in the dishes? (No more than 6 words)
5. Translate the following sentence into Chinese.
So they changed the ingredients, the meat, and the way they looked to suit American tastes.
Dangers of eating ... (P5)
Choose the best answer:
1. Which group of people ate more snacks later on in the day in the study?
A. Those who watched TV while eating.
B. Those who walked around while eating.
C. Those who chatted with friends while eating.
D. Those who had just started their diet.
2. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the article?
A. People need a distraction in order to eat less.
B. People eat less when their feeling of hunger is confused.
C. People often eat more to reward themselves after exercise.
D. It takes less than 10 minutes to realize you are already full.
3. What is the best way to eat for those who are trying to control their weight, according to the article?
A. To eat with your TV on instead of your cell phone.
B. To finish eating in less than 20 minutes.
C. To eat happily with a group of friends.
D. To eat slowly and mindfully.
Cheer yourself up (P6)
Choose the best answer:
1. The first paragraph implies that _______.
A. the author always felt bad in winter
B. the weather in November was the worst in a year
C. the author didn’t enjoy his work environment
D. the author felt frustrated that morning
2. The author’s coworker used to be a person who ______.
A. criticized himself a lot
B. treated people differently
C. worked hard to keep fit
D. was very proud of himself
3. Which paragraph gives a clue (线索) about who the person that the author’s coworker treated badly was?
A. Paragraph 4.B. Paragraph 6.
C. Paragraph 8.D. The last paragraph.
4. What does the author’s coworker suggest the author do?
A. Be positive about himself.
B. Be helpful to those in need.
C. Be confident in the face of difficulty.
D. Be kind to those who make mistakes.
It was a quiet village in which there was a military camp. It was far from the towns and cities and there were some high mountains around. Of course it was a good place for 1 the new soldiers. But it was 2 for the young men to go outside. Mr White, an officer of forty, was 3 with them and he hardly let them leave the camp.
Once, Mr White was 4 in bed. He couldn’t work and a young officer, Mr Hunt, began to train the new soldiers 5 him. He knew the young men well and let nine soldiers go to the nearest 6 to have a holiday. But night fell and 7 came back to the camp. He was 8 about it and stood at the gate. It was five to twelve when Mr Hunt 9 to go to the town and see what was happening with the young men. He started the car quickly and 10 . At that moment the nine soldiers came back. It seemed they were all drunk. Of course, they found the officer was 11 .
“I’m sorry, sir,” said the first soldier. “I 12 the town on time. But something was wrong with my 13 on my way here. I had to buy a horse and made it run fast. Bad luck! It 14 and I had to run back.”
And the other seven soldiers said they were 15 for the same reasons. It was the last soldier’s 16 . He said, “I’m sorry, sir. I got on a bus on time, but …”
Having heard this, the officer became even angrier and 17 him at once. He called out, “ 18 you say something was wrong with your bus, I’ll 19 you at once!”
“No, no, sir,” said the young man. “My bus was all right, but the dead horses were 20 its way!”
1. A. teaching B. training
C. caring D. meeting
2. A. difficult B. easy
C. impossible D. necessary
3. A. patientB. honest
C. strict D. satisfied
4. A. lazy B. ill
C. unhappy D. relaxed
5. A. next to B. ahead of
C. along with D. instead of
6. A. town B. village
C. country D. field
7. A. all B. some
C. one D. none
8. A. certainB. doubtful
C. worried D. careful
9. A. offeredB. planned
C. refused D. decided
10. A. set off B. turned off
C. got up D. showed up
11. A. angryB. surprised
C. excited D. puzzled
12. A. arrived B. left
C. passed D. found
13. A. watch B. horse
C. bus D. ship
14. A. died B. escaped
C. yelled D. stopped
15. A. weakB. hurt
C. tired D. late
16. A. turn B. choice
C. decision D. excuse
17. A. blamedB. stopped
C. advised D. promised
18. A. If B. Since
C. Before D. Though
19. A. praise B. punish
C. forgive D. believe
20. A. on B. under
C. off D. in
1. She was a victim of bullying, but created a non-profit anti-bullying organization.
2. They should tell someone they are being bullied and know they are not alone.
3. A national anti-bullying scholarship award.
4. Helping people and making them happy.
D2 1-4 CBCAD3 1-4 CDAB
D4 1-4 CDCC
D5 1-5 BCCCA 6-10 CBBCA
11-15 ACBAC 16-20 CACBA
主办单位：中国日报社 Copyright www.i21st.cn All Rights Reserved 版权所有 复制必究